Inspire

Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Visit From Davis


It was so nice to have Davis back home, if even for just a short time.  He flew in last Friday and headed back out Tuesday afternoon. 

Haydn was so excited about his official Army dog tags that Uncle Davis brought for him and loved wrestling around!  Of course, you'd hear me pipe in often with things like, "Easy Davis!  He's little you know!" or "Yikes! Be careful with him!"  You can't blame me for worrying!  After months of combat training, I think Davis forgot that he was wrestling with his nephew and not the enemy!  Haha!


I will admit, I had to wipe the tears from my eyes as I watched him drive away and begin his 23 hour trip back to Colorado.  I'm sure he was sick of hearing me tell him to drive safe, stay out of trouble, and to let me know he arrived safely.  I just can't help it!  I'm sure I won't be any better the day my children leave home! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment