Inspire

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Snow Much Fun!

This was our first real snow this year!  For about three days, we had snow flurries for much of the day but nothing that would really stick.  The kids were going crazy!  They wanted real snow!

Well, they got it!  Our first winter storm left us with about 4-5 inches of snow, lots of ice, and even a snow day on Monday!

Rylee and McKay wasted no time making snow angels, rolling around, and, of course, eating the snow!

Even crazier is the fact that the temperatures have been very cold - well below zero when the wind chill is factored in.  These kids definitely take after their daddy - there is no way you'd get me out to play in the snow with temperatures that cold!  My favorite line is, "I'm NOT ready to come in yet!  I'm not even cold!" McKay says through rosy red cheeks, shivers, and quivering lips!

Haydn ventured out in the snow with his Razor scooter!  He loved sliding around everywhere and can't wait for some big snow piles to go scooting down!

Though I wouldn't play outside yet, I did get the hot cocoa all ready for my little ice cubes!  I'll venture out when the temperatures are above zero! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment