Inspire

Friday, November 5, 2010

Velma and Daphne

Halloween weekend, Chris and a couple buddies went to Cedar Point for Hallo Weekends.  That left my best bud, Julie, without a date for her work Halloween party.  So, she and I scoured our brains for hours trying to come up with a perfect costume theme for us so I could essentially be her date.  Here's what we came up with:
So, hopefully you've figured out we were Velma and Daphne from Scooby Doo!  It was so much fun to dress up and play the part!  I actually felt like a movie star that day as Julie was in charge of putting together my hair and makeup!

One of the funniest things about this whole costume adventure was when we walked into Walmart on our way home from the party.  You could hear people saying things like "Scooby Dooby Doo" and "Where's Shaggy?"  The checkout lady was very surprised that Daphne had gone anywhere without Freddie!  It was all quite funny!

And, yes, that is my hair!  I have had so many people ask me if that is really my hair!  It's amazing how light my hair is with no products in it to help keep all the curls from frizzing!  Though I really like the idea of being able to have straight hair if I wanted it, it took poor Julie two hours to straighten my hair that day (not to mention the extra time to style it)!  There's no way I have an extra two hours to get that look on a given day!

No comments:

Post a Comment